Digital Media First Assignment


I'm very excited to be taking digital media this semester because I feel that it'll present me with many challenges I have never faced. I personally am not a fan of editing or doing anything on the computer, but I'm very artistically minded so I think I'll be balanced out with a challenge. I think I'm most excited over the fact that I'm actually in school studying something I'm passionate about- filmmaking.  

I've been making films since I was about nine years old, and to do it as a career would be flabbergasting. I didn't start making films seriously til about my freshman year of high school when I started writing full length screenplays. I created my first serious film in my junior year titled "What the Hex?" for the International Baccalaureate programme. After that, I went on to make a few others and had them entered in festivals where I've received some recognition and was interviewed by Banks Helfrich. I really would like to make films with the nostalgia of a John Hughes film, the aesthetic of a Wes Anderson, but the memorable character and essence of a film like Heathers or Kill Bill. I'm in love with the coming-of-age genre or just films with huge paradigm shifts and breathtaking visuals. 

What I'd like to get out of the Digital Media course is a better understanding of editing and working digitally. The thing I detest most about filmmaking is editing, it is so cumbersome and tedious for me so I'd like to get a better grasp at it and hopefully appreciate it a significant amount more. I'm very excited to use a Wacom tablet because I've had my eyes on getting one forever, but have never even gotten the chance to try one out. My career goal is to become a filmmaker/screenwriter, and if that doesn't work out, I'd like to become an art director at either a production company or in the theme park business. Filmmaking is my dream job so if I get to do what I love everyday, I would never complain. 

A few fun facts about me is that I love to paint, this is a photo of my newest painting I did last week. I do acrylic and watercolors, and I love to doodle as well. 

I have a chizer (chihuahua and miniature schnauzer mix) puppy named Yogurt who is my absolutely bestest friend in the whole entire world. 


And I go to Disney World maybe a little way too much!



Comments