I'm A Toy

Not gonna lie, I had alot of fun with this project. I think the fact that I got to design the whole shoot, and had quite a bit of fun trying on different dresses and modeling for Gabrielle and I, made it all worth the while. We initially started out with some shots for her project, which I edited for my own fun-



















And then, we finally got my shots for my own project, in which I went with my concept sketch of wearing the white flowy dress and having my thumbs up as an articulated doll. In Photoshop, I used dodge and burn and other techniques, like smudging to get my skin as smooth as possible and also to brighten the shine on my face and other parts. Smoothing out my face and hands were the hardest part. I enlarged the eyes using the warp tool to get them more doll like and also drew on the extra eyelashes. I found myself using the brush tool and airbrushing alot of the imperfections and mistakes I made.


One thing I wish I did was enlarge my doll's head because I come to find out that I couldn't do it at the end and it was something I was supposed to do prior which sucked for me because I definitely didn't want to start over. Also, I wish I shaded the wires more.

Overall, I am proud of the final product. It's something I'd definitely do again.


Comments