Form Painting

For this assignment, we were required to create shapes on Photoshop and apply values by using shades and tints. This assignment presented a challenge to me as it was my first time using the program, Photoshop and also my first time using a Wacom tablet. Luckily, I have experience with painting and drawing so maneuvering the tablet was fairly easy, along with Photoshop resembling a program that I'm familiar with- Pixlr.

 I started off the piece by doodling a female face and sketching it out with my signature swirly flushed cheeks. And then I started with the actual project where I had to create a cylinder, sphere, cube, and cone all with shaded values to give them their three dimensional definition. The shapes became alot easier to draw after I started making more and I had started over on some of them. I realized to give them more of a realistic feel, I need to take away the harsh black lines around them and focus more on what the human eye would see. In real life, there aren't defined lines around 3D objects, but rather shadows and highlights shaping the object. I used everyday objects to mimic the basic creation of the shapes.

I'm quite proud of the final product because it is something I did on my first attempt at the program and it's something I'd like to improve on.

Screen capture of the piece using Photoshop

The final product



Comments